HERE’S TO YOU CAM: FROM ONE GREAT QUEENSLANDER TO ANOTHER BUNDABERG RUM & CAMERON SMITH ANNOUNCE LIMITED-EDITION ‘CAMERON SMITH BATCH’
What happens when you take two of Queensland’s most celebrated icons and bottle them up?
Multi global award-winning Bundaberg Rum, has released the ‘Cameron Smith Batch’, a commemorative nine-year-old rum crafted to celebrate the career of Queensland’s golden boy and arguably NRL’s greatest ever player.
With the NRL season just about to kick off, what better way to recognise Cam Smith’s success than with his very own limited-edition serve.
The limited-edition bottling from the makers of the world’s best rum is a premium batch of Bundaberg UP Rum, aged nine years in White Oak – a cheeky nod to Smith’s position as no.9 hooker.
Sporting all the characteristics of an aged Bundaberg Rum, the liquid has a bold and fruity aroma with subtle hints of oak. On the palate this premium rum is full bodied and complex with notes of rich raisins, molasses and dried fruits that then transcend into a long and smooth finish complemented by aromatic clover and nutmeg flavours. It will best be enjoyed in a ‘Dark and Storm’ serve: 30mL Cameron Smith Batch Bundaberg Rum, 120ml ginger beer, and fresh lime served over ice [ABV 37%, 0.9 standard drinks].
The first 1,000 bottles signed by the man himself will be available exclusively from the Bundaberg Rum Distillery website from Monday 8th March, with dispatch of those bottles the following week.
Over the course of his career, the hooker known as ‘The Accountant’ has:
* Won three Premierships, two Dally M Medals and two World Player of the Year Awards
* Achieved records for NRL games, goals, points scored and wins, as well as records for Origin games, series wins and Wally Lewis Medals
* Been awarded an Order of Australia in 2019 for his services to rugby league
* Statistically, he is the best player of all time
Speaking on why Bundy chose to partner with Cameron Smith, Duncan Littler, Bundaberg Rum Marketing & Experience Manager, said “What a force, when two winners go head-to-head! It has been our pleasure to welcome a local Logan legend to the Distillery to select his very own rum. We had a lot of fun with Cam – personally, we think rum-making could be his next best career move! Look out for more news on how to get your hands on one. We know this will disappear very quickly!”
Priced at $60, the ‘Cameron Smith Batch’ will be available throughout Queensland and in selected Victorian retailers, as well as https://www.bundabergrum.com.au/. Keep following the Bundaberg Rum Instagram and Facebook pages (@BundabergRum) for more information.
List of awards
Bundaberg Rum: Visitor Experience
- 2020 – World Best Distillery Visitor Centre – International Spirits Challenge Awards.
- 2019 – Australia Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2019 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2019 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourist Attraction: Silver
- 2016, 2018 & 2019 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Event (The Spirit of Bundaberg Festival)
- 2017, 2018 & 2019 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Retail Experience
- 2018 – Australia Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2018 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2018 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourist Attraction: Silver
- 2017 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Educational Experience
- 2017 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Winery, Brewery or Distillery Experience: Bronze
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame
Bundaberg Rum: Solera
- 2018 – New York Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
- 2017 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Dark Rum
- 2017 - San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Gold Medal
Bundaberg Rum: Small Batch Reserve
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Gold Rum
- 2015 - San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Best Dark/ Gold Rum In Show
- 2015 - San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
Bundaberg Rum: Blenders Edition
- 2017 - International Spirits Challenge: Gold Medal & Rum Tasting Trophy
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Rum
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Dark Rum
- 2016 – New York Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
Bundaberg Rum: Small Batch Vintage Barrel
- 2017 – World Rum Awards: Australia’s Best Dark Rum
Bundaberg Rum: Royal Liqueur Chocolate & Coffee
- 2018 – World Liqueur Awards: World’s Best Rum Liqueur
Bundaberg Rum: Royal Liqueur Banana & Toffee
- 2018 – International Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
ABOUT BUNDABERG RUM:
The Bundaberg Rum Distillery is a unique, authentically Australian icon unlike any other. For more than 130 years the Bundaberg Rum Distillery has proudly created the smooth golden liquor made from the finest sugar cane in tropical Queensland, surviving two fires and two floods as an enduring testament to the Australian spirit. Whether you’re a rum enthusiast or planning a weekend away, the Bundaberg Rum Distillery, just four hours north of Brisbane airport, offers guests an unforgettable and one of a kind distillery experience. The Blend Your Own Rum Experience at Bundaberg Rum includes a Bundaberg Rum Distillery tour, rum tasting, rum blending masterclass and two 700ml bottles of personalised Bundaberg Rum to take home.
ABOUT DIAGEO (INSTAGRAM: @DIAGEO)
DIAGEO (pronounced Dee-ah-jee-oh) is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Bundaberg Rum, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan, Lagavulin, Talisker and The Singleton whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Don Julio tequila, and Gordon’s and Tanqueray gins.
DIAGEO is a global company, and our products are sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the London Stock Exchange (DGE) and the New York Stock Exchange (DEO). For more information about DIAGEO, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit DIAGEO’s global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practice.
In Australia, DIAGEO is a contributor to DrinkWise, an independent, not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting change towards a healthier and safer drinking culture. Visit www.drinkwise.org.au for more information and the facts about alcohol.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.